1.10.2011

weekly menus

When budgeting a grocery list it's hard to really know what to buy unless you've got the recipes ready in hand.  Also, it's very easy when you're a student to just stock up on ramen noodles, or spaghetti.  The husband and I have become too well accustomed to this, and I think the scale in our bathroom is becoming to accustomed to this as well.  In order to save money, or really take advantage of the ingredients we buy, I thought I'd try to do a specific recipe that uses similar ingredients for all the recipes.  So far I've come up with this weekly menu, that contains small amounts of ingredients and ingredients we already have on hand, like potatoes, flour, frozen peas, etc...

This week I thought I'd feature very healthy vegetables and fruits: black beans, chickpeas, and apples.  With these there also smaller common ingredients within the recipes such as yogurt, lemon, onions, rice, etc.  So far most of these recipes I've come across are from one of my favorite food blogs, Smitten Kitchen.  But a couple of the recipes I am going to try are from two of my cookbooks:



THE MENU

for the morning

entrees
"whole bowl copycat" with famous tali sauce copy

some side dishes


healthy (?) desserts

*There are several black bean burger recipes out there, so I'm going to have to just start trying them all!


Please keep me accountable for trying this out!  Whatever recipes I find worth sharing, I will make sure to post pictures and recipes (for those that aren't available online!)

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a good black bean burger recipe as well, so let me know what you find!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...