3.27.2011

home inspiration

I've got a lot coming up these next couple of weeks.  Finals are in position to attack and I've already got papers lined up at my door.  I'm not good with deadlines.  It's not that I don't make them, I do make deadlines, it's just the execution of the final work may be questionable in quality.  I tend to procrastinate, a lot.  This weekend I tidied up the apartment, a lot.  And the week before I managed to rearrange the living room.  So here I am again.  I've got a nice little 3-5 page poetry assignment staring at me blankly, and I am searching around Pinterest. 

I found a lot of good home inspiration ideas for that "one day" home I may have.  Although some of these inspirations I could use now..



We have terrible track lighting, or something, in our living room.  If you look up at the ceiling you're blinded.  Very bad direct light.  I think this scattered lightbulb design may do the trick.





We have a couple long hallways.... this seems to use the space perfectly.  Of course they don't have a bright red brick wall to contend with...



What do you think of diagonal furniture?  I wonder what our bed would look like in this position...



This is a good example of a small kitchen to aspire to.  Small but still manageable and organized...


Source: flickr.com via Hollin on Pinterest

My workspace is a nightmare right now.  This is just perfect.  But it doesn't make sense for a sewing machine and TONS of supplies.  Oh storage...

Bedroom inspiration will come shortly.  My least favorite room in our apartment is our bedroom.  Mainly because it's part bedroom - part laundry room - part storage - AND NO CLOSETS.  We have shelves on walls with folded clothes, and TWO clothing racks that do not fit anywhere inconspicuously.  It's all out in the open, and it's ugly.  Still racking my brain on how to fix such an ugly space...

For now: pretty in its simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...