4.07.2011

swimming things

Bathing suits are rough. I really hate most of what's out there, and what is decent enough to buy is usually a $300 piece.  Why?  I don't know.  I still don't understand how small triangles of stretch fabric can cost $100.  But enough of that, I suppose.  These days I've been shopping for a two-piece bathing suit, and it has seemed almost impossible.  But as of late, more options have been coming up that I have been grateful for.  Unfortunately, a lot of the swimwear I do like, is still fairly pricey.  But!  I have found some good solutions.

For example:
This bathing suit from Anthropologie is $98.00 PER PIECE.  Meaning, to buy both, it'd cost you $200.  I'm not a fan of this.  The best selling point of this bathing suit is the bottom anyhow, the sash in the back is what makes it.  By pairing this suit, with a cheaper top, like from Victoria Secret... only $24... it at least saves you about $75.





Another good option is to buy simple black swim bottom that you love, and buy a top that has black in it, that way you can mix and match as much as you like!
American Apparel's high waisted bottom is only $25.

This way, you can mix and match with cheap or expensive bathing suit tops.

That's it for now! I'm hoping one of these days I'll be able to find myself some cheap bathing suits I like. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. i really like all of these..i know exactly what you mean about not finding affordable swimsuits!i just saw a two piece at anthropologie i loved for a little over $200 for both top & bottom..gosh..anyways! my favorite here are the first and last one! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...