6.24.2012

magical coffee


I saw this recipe on Food52.  Magical Coffee...how do you not want to try this?  I've been making a lot of iced coffee lately.  Mainly iced caramel macchiatos - but this seemed so simple and delicious that I quickly finished the ice tea (another staple) cleaned out the jar, and commenced making this magical coffee.  I guess commenters on the page offered more flavor suggestions such as almond extract and/or fennel!  The options are endless! Anyone have a favorite summertime coffee drink?  After having a few sips of this, I can say that this is truly simple and delicious. Even Weasley seemed pretty excited about it.


MAGICAL COFFEE
Serves 2-4
Coffee Base:



The Finished Drink:


2/3 cups coarsely ground coffee
3 cups water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar


  • Pour all ingredients into a quart jar and stir well.
  • Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • Pour the coffee base through a sieve or strainer into a bowl, then strain back into the jar for easy storage.
  • For each drink: Fill a tall glass halfway with ice. Pour in coffee until glass is about 3/4 full and add milk/half and half to taste.
  • "Die of happiness"

1 comment:

  1. I recently started using this recipe and it's turned into an addiction. I use soy milk/almond milk instead though. Next time I'll try some almond extract!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...