6.30.2012

shaker style

While in my 18th and 19th century women's writers course, my professor quickly mentioned the Shaker culture.  While I was familiar with it, I hadn't realized that my one of my favorite furniture styles was actually from the Shaker culture.  I would love to one day have a Shaker style kitchen.  Here's a few photos of some of my favorite inspirations.  Apparently Amazon has quite a collection of Shaker books, if you want to check them out!  I think I might...






                                                                       Source: metmuseum.org via Hollin on Pinterest
                                                                      Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Hollin on Pinterest
                                                                      Source: apartmenttherapy.com via Hollin on Pinterest
                                                                                  Source: furnish.co.uk via Hollin on Pinterest
                                                                         Source: 2.bp.blogspot.com via Hollin on Pinterest

                                                                           



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...